De Jager Volkenant is pleased to announce that Rhys Volkenant has joined the firm as an associate. Rhys will practice in the areas of business law, charity compliance, and real estate. Rhys previously articled and worked as an associate at a mid-sized business law firm in Vancouver. Prior to law school at UBC, Rhys attended Trinity Western University and played varsity soccer there for five years.
His work to date has included assisting clients with:
- Business transactions, including commercial acquisitions of shares and assets
- General corporate matters
- Drafting and implementing shareholders agreements
- Setting up societies and charities
- Advising universities and schools
Outside of work, Rhys enjoys being a father and spending time with his wife and their children. He also continues to be involved in soccer through coaching and playing recreationally.